Sunday, September 18, 2011

Moss Covered Letters

There are several ways to make your own customized moss covered letter. I chose a more difficult way to make it because I already had the below styrofoam board and did not want to go out an purchase a letter. Plus the thickness of the styrofoam was perfect since I wanted a more "chunky" letter "B" and I wanted a larger letter than I have previously seen on other blogs and websites. These letters are available for purchase on Etsy for about $70! I only spent about $20! The styrofoam was purchased at Walmart for about $7. The sheet moss was purchased from Michaels for $6 per package and I had a 50% off coupon for one regular priced item. I used 2 1/2 packages of moss for my letter. You will also need a glue gun and about an hour of your time :) I would love to see your finished moss covered letter!
Styrofoam for the letter. I simply drew out my letter "B" and cut it out using a serrated knife.
Sheet Moss

After Moss application

1 comment:

  1. I love these too! I have this and the wreath on my to do list! :)

    ReplyDelete